Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Vibe interviews Karrueche Tran

Vibe magazine recently interviewed Chris Brown’s longtime girlfriend, Karrueche Tran, for an in-depth interview about Brown, her discontinued clothing line, and her bestie Teyana Taylor.
VIBE: If you could sit down with Chris and Rihanna in the same room, what would you want to get off your chest?
KARRUECHE TRAN: For everybody, emotionally, that would just be way too much. I’m a very mature person so if the time ever did come where we would need to sit down and talk, I’d do it. I’m a mature person. I can work it out but that would be a lot. (Pause) Yeah, it would be a lot.
VIBE: How did you come up with the concepts for your clothing line?
KARRUECHE TRAN: Chris [Brown] wanted to do a female line for his men’s line ["Black Pyramid"]. So he asked me to take over and “The Kill” was gonna be a women’s only line but it’s actually unisex.
VIBE: How long have you two been planning this?
KARRUECHE TRAN: It’s been a few months. When I first started, I pretty much thought of the name. Then from there, we started making very basic sample t-shirts, hats, beanies and socks. That’s what a lot of people saw online and on Instagram. They saw certain people wearing it, so it created this really big buzz in our very first stages. We got a little bit ahead of ourselves and we wanted to do this really awesome launch on 12/12/12, but we kinda had to slow it down ‘cause things weren’t 100% completely done. That’s why we waited.
When you took over Chris’ women’s line, 
VIBE: was that how you guys met?

KARREUCHE TRAN: Definitely not. Him asking me to do the line was recent. We met a couple years ago.
VIBE: Were you styling him at the time?
KRRUECHE TRAN: I actually happened to do a random styling job out here in L.A. and that’s how we met.
VIBE: Did you anticipate that your relationship would blow up into what it is now?
KARRUECHE TRAN: I didn’t expect it at all. We were friends for a while before we started dating.
VIBE: Someone you’ve definitely been seen getting close to is Teyana Taylor.
(Karrueche bursts into laughter.)
Sidebar: how the heck did that New Year’s Eve kiss happen?
(Big laughs) Well, we counted down and I turned to her, said “Happy New Year” and gave her a kiss!
VIBE: How do you feel about it? Are you happy with your love life at the current moment?
 TRAN: I mean at the time, but right now of course not. It’s a lot going on but it could be a lot worse. And that’s how I look at life. I take it for what it is. I move forward, grow from it and at this point, that’s what I’m doing. I’m not gonna sit and dwell and become consumed in that negativity because I could very much be that person, especially when things are so public and so thrown in my face. But like I said, things can be much worse. So I’m good.
VIBE: How hard is it to work with Chris with everything that’s going on?
KARRUECHE TRAN: At the end of the day, he will always be a friend. We’ll always care about each other. We won’t allow that to interfere. Our business is business.
VIBE: Do you think you’ve found the person you could spend the rest of your life with?
KARRUECHE TRAN: I do care about him and I do love him. Family is very important to me, and I’ve always put it in my mind to remember that. For me, I’d love to meet somebody and grow and build a foundation, but I don’t want to even think about marriage right now. I can’t even get a clothing line out. (laughs)
VIBE: Do you think there’s ever gonna come a point where it’s just gonna be too hard to maintain a friendship with him?
KArrueche Tran: I don’t know. I’m not sure. I’ve been on a rollercoaster for the past year so who knows?


Hmmm... Rihanna is so not going to like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment